A/R & Credit Specialist
Descartes (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Descartes has over 200,000 parties using its cloud-based services. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; research and perform trade tariff and duty calculations and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world's largest, collaborative multi-modal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
Are you looking for an opportunity to help launch your career in finance and/or accounting? We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our team and be a part of the excitement and growth at The Descartes Systems Group Inc.!
This opportunity is ideal for new grads who are seeking professional experience and are enthusiastic about the prospect of working at a growing company with a global focus, and who have a keen interest in learning and developing as a Finance professional. We are seeking an assertive, adaptable individual with a proven record of delivering results under pressure, and who will thrive as both a team player and as an individual contributor.
The successful candidate will have the following job responsibilities:
- Daily processing, reconciliation and filing of cash receipts.
- Timely and accurate preparation of monthly customer invoices.
- Collection and reconciliation of customer accounts.
- Ad hoc reporting or other billing-related tasks as needed.
The successful incumbent will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma with a concentration on accounting/finance.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Technical aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Proven leadership and assertiveness.
- Effective communicator and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Focused attention to detail.
Additional assets include:
- Experience using SAP or similar accounting software.
- Comfortable using a variety of billing software applications.
- Previous experience working in a multi-currency environment.
- Previous billing experience would be a significant asset.
- Additional languages (Norwegian, Swedish or Dutch) also considered an asset.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to email@example.com citing “A/R & Credit Specialist” in the subject of your message. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.