Descartes (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Descartes has over 200,000 parties using its cloud-based services. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; research and perform trade tariff and duty calculations and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world's largest, collaborative multi-modal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
The Contract Administrator will work under the direction of the Contracts Administration Manager located at Descartes’ head office in Waterloo, Ontario, and will work closely with the legal department on various legal and contract matters as they arise. This is a full time position whereby the successful candidate will prepare customer and partner-related contracts and work in close cooperation with internal Descartes functional areas, primarily legal, sales and finance, to ensure that the contracting process is followed.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting a variety of contracts, including software licenses, network services, professional services agreements and non-disclosure agreements.
- Managing contracts, including customer and partner agreements.
- Collaborating with internal departments in connection with customer and partner contract matters.
- Resolving any minor contract interpretation issues arising from existing contracts.
- Preparing contract amendments, renewals and additional orders for existing customers.
- Entering customer and contract data into centralized SAP data and billing system.
- Populating and modifying template agreements, amendments, notices, letters, supporting documents, etc.
- Reviewing completed contracts and validation of documents/contracts to ensure that all parties involved in the agreement accept the terms presented in the document/contract.
- Providing weekly status reports detailing expected contract delivery timeframes and key challenges you are facing.
- Assisting to facilitate contract signatures and maintaining current and historical contract records in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Post-secondary education in the legal, business or administrative fields is strongly preferred.
- Three plus years’ experience in the technology, procurement, contract or legal field is preferred. However, any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the role may be considered.
- Proficiency in MS Word Outlook.
- Working knowledge of CRM tools, SharePoint and SAP would be an asset.
- You have excellent drafting skills and a demonstrated ability to analyze and understand contract terms.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, along with proven negotiation and analytical skills.
- You can meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple competing priorities.
- You are able to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and other internal personnel.
- You are very detailed-oriented and have strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- You thrive in a team environment but have the ability to work independently.
Fluency in English required; the ability to speak Dutch or French is a definite asset.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org citing “Contract Administrator” in the subject of your message. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.