Descartes (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Descartes has over 220,000 connected parties using its cloud-based services. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; access global trade data; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world's largest, collaborative multimodal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
The Software Developer will be responsible for design, development, testing and debugging multi-tiered, distributed software applications.
- Works within established procedures to develop, test, implement, and maintain application software.
- Produces the necessary documentation for this software. This documentation will range from standard in-source comments and design documentation to end-user documentation.
- Troubleshooting and problem resolution of critical issues that may involve many systems and platforms, within a complex infrastructure.
- Participates in production support and on-call rotations.
- Works with members of the QA team to ensure that the software has minimal defects and provides the desired functionality and performance before it is deployed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science.
- 1-3 years of Java experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience designing and implementing web-based applications.
- Experience with SQL query development.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to email@example.com citing “Software Developer” in the subject of your message. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.