Technical Customer Support Representative
Descartes (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Descartes has over 220,000 connected parties using its cloud-based services. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; access global trade data; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world's largest, collaborative multimodal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
As a member of Descartes’ Customer Support team, you will be working in a dynamic environment providing application support to our customers 24x7. Your responsibilities will include:
- Responding to customer telephone calls and emails.
- Proactive monitoring of application behaviour.
- Troubleshooting Descartes application software issues reported by customers.
- Maintaining customer contact and call ticket information within an existing database.
- Developing procedural and diagnostic documentation.
- Position requires shift work and some weekend work.
- Position requires pager on-call duty on a rotating basis.
- University or College level in a computer science or technology program (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in an application support environment.
- Database experience, including Access and SQL Server.
- Team oriented, with the ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must work well under pressure to meet the demands of our customers.
- Service oriented and solution driven.
- Experience within Transportation Management, Logistics or Supply Chain Industry.
- Experience working in Citrix server and Terminal server.
- Experience with wireless communications.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org “Technical Customer Support Representative” in the subject of your message. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted. All final candidates will be required to provide professional references and complete a background check, which will include a criminal background check and may include a credit check and verification of education and previous employment.
Descartes is committed to equity and diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, colour, ancestry, age, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, citizenship, ethnic origin, family or marital status. If you require accommodation at any time during the hiring process or would like a copy of this job posting in an accessible format, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 1-800-419-8495.