Technical Customer Support Representative
Descartes (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Descartes has over 200,000 parties using its cloud-based services. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; research and perform trade tariff and duty calculations and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world's largest, collaborative multi-modal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
As a member of Descartes’ Customer Support team, you will be working in a dynamic environment providing application support to our customers 24x7. Your responsibilities will include:
- Responding to customer telephone calls and emails.
- Proactive monitoring of application behaviour.
- Troubleshooting Descartes application software issues reported by customers.
- Maintaining customer contact and call ticket information within an existing database.
- Developing procedural and diagnostic documentation.
- Position requires shift work and some weekend work.
- Position requires pager on-call duty on a rotating basis.
- University or College level in a computer science or technology program (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in an application support environment.
- Database experience, including Access and SQL Server.
- Team oriented, with the ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must work well under pressure to meet the demands of our customers.
- Service oriented and solution driven.
- Experience within Transportation Management, Logistics or Supply Chain Industry.
- Experience working in Citrix server and Terminal server.
- Experience with wireless communications.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to email@example.com citing “Customer Support Representative” in the subject of your message. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.