Technical Customer Support Representative
Descartes (TSX:DSG) (Nasdaq:DSGX) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Descartes has over 147,000 parties using its cloud based services. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world's largest, collaborative multimodal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
As a member of Descartes’ Customer Support team, you will be working in a dynamic environment providing application support to our customers 24x7. Your responsibilities will include:
- Responding to customer telephone calls and emails.
- Proactive monitoring of application behaviour.
- Troubleshooting Descartes application software issues reported by customers.
- Maintaining customer contact and call ticket information within an existing database.
- Developing procedural and diagnostic documentation.
- Position requires shift work and some weekend work.
- Position requires pager on-call duty on a rotating basis.
- Must be able to travel to the US to attend customer training as required.
- University or College level in a computer science or technology program (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in an application support environment.
- Database experience, including Access and SQL Server.
- Team oriented, with the ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must work well under pressure to meet the demands of our customers.
- Service oriented and solution driven.
- Experience within Transportation Management, Logistics or Supply Chain Industry.
- Experience working in Citrix server and Terminal server.
- Experience with wireless communications.
- Ability to speak French an asset.
We offer a flexible and casual work environment, as well as mentorship and on-the-job training to support your personal growth. You will have an opportunity to contribute new ideas and we welcome your fresh perspective.
Please submit your resume, and a covering letter describing why you are a unique fit for this position, to email@example.com citing “Customer Support Representative” in the subject of your message. We thank all applicants for their interest in Descartes; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.