The Electronic Airway Bill for Carriers, Forwarders & Ground Handling Agents (GHAs)
There is no question that the electronic Airway Bill (eAWB) is one of the most important steps that companies in the air cargo industry can take to upgrade their business and rise above operational and compliance-related challenges.
What is the eAWB?
The electronic airway bill is the digital form of a paper Airway Bill (AWB). All of the information contained within a physical form is included digitally. The electronic format is the foundation for adding further digital processes in the air cargo supply chain and increasing overall efficiency as a result.
With the eAWB in place, air carriers, freight forwarders and Ground Handling Agents (GHAs) can derive a significant competitive advantage. How a company implements the eAWB is critical. Businesses require a Simpler, Faster & Better solution to maximize the potential benefits of the initiative and realize added value.
eAWB for Forwarders and Carriers
Descartes has been helping the air freight industry move to more electronic processes for over 20 years. Descartes eAWB solution options include a streamlined online interface, simple preparation and entry, to comprehensive air messaging and robust forwarder enterprise applications.
We encourage you to review the below assets and tools on the eAWB:
Resources for Forwarders
- eBook: The eAWB for Forwarders – Register to download an interactive guide developed specifically for air freight forwarders. The piece includes infographics, critical analyses, a self-assessment worksheet and more.
- Descartes eAWB™ for Forwarders – View why the Descartes eAWB solution is helping forwarders achieve meaningful results in a competitive market.
- Benefits of Descartes eAWB for Forwarders - This quick digest details the specific benefits of our system and how to on-board with Descartes.
- eAWB Infographic for Forwarders - In an industry with tight operating margins, forwarders are rolling out the eAWB to better communicate with connected carriers.
Resources for Carriers
- eBook: The eAWB for Carriers – Register to download a detailed, informative piece that examines the challenges and benefits of adopting the eAWB, tips and techniques, industry trends and more.
- Descartes eAWB™ for Carriers – Review why Descartes is the market leader in helping airlines successfully implement the eAWB.
- Benefits of Descartes eAWB for Carriers – View a summary of the specific advantages of using Descartes eAWB solution.
Do you have questions? Are you ready to start submitting airway bills electronically?