The mission of the Descartes Global User Group is to provide an opportunity for users of Descartes solutions to learn more about Descartes products, network with other customers to share best practices, and give feedback on future product direction.
Employees of Descartes’ customers who are users of, or otherwise interact with, Descartes’ products or services are eligible for General Membership. As a member you will receive periodic communications from Descartes and/or the Steering Committee regarding Global User Group initiatives and Descartes products and services. Many of these communications promote forums where you can network with other users and learn from their experiences and/or provide feedback to Descartes.
The Steering Committee is a subset of the General Membership. The Steering Committee acts as a communication liaison between Descartes and the General Membership and guides Descartes in planning and administering events for the General Membership. Areas of responsibility include:
- Agenda and event planning for User Group Conferences;
- Solicitation of feedback from General Membership;
- Communication with Descartes development staff on feature or functionality feedback from General Membership on Descartes products and services;
- Contact point for Descartes on select communications prior to distribution to General Membership;
- Development of Steering Committee policies and procedures for meetings and membership;
- Selection of additional General Members to serve as “Appointed” Steering Committee Members if required.
If you are a customer that would like to join Descartes Global User Group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.