WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., March 08, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Descartes Systems Group (Nasdaq:DSGX) (TSX:DSG), the global leader in uniting logistics-intensive businesses in commerce, announced a number of product innovations to the Descartes Logistics Technology Platform at Evolution 2018, the company's 13th annual Global User and Partner Conference taking place in West Palm Beach, Florida, March 6 — 8, 2018.
The Logistics Technology Platform combines the Descartes Global Logistics Network™ (Descartes GLN™), one of the world's most extensive logistics networks covering multiple transportation modes, with one of the industry's broadest arrays of modular, interoperable web and wireless logistics management and global trade content solutions. Some of the key innovations announced include:
Routing Mobile and Telematics:
- On demand elastic optimization for greater scalability during peak periods;
- Updated mobile platform to support multiple applications in a seamless security environment; and
- Self-dispatch for remote, contract and independent drivers for improved route visibility.
- New "always on" incremental optimization for improved transportation consolidation and savings;
- Support for seller-fulfilled Amazon Prime shipping; and
- Automated dock appointment scheduling allowing suppliers and retailers to be better coordinated for improved on-time and full order performance.
Global Trade Content and Compliance:
- Expanded trade compliance content, restricted party lists and shipment data sources;
- New Descartes Datamyne Freight Forwarder™ solution to more effectively target potential customers and perform competitive analysis; and
- New preconfigured version of Descartes CustomsInfo™ Manager for rapid deployment of product classification.
Forwarder and Broker Enterprise Systems:
- Continued rollout of participating government agencies in the U.S. Automated Commercial Environment program;
- New ocean and inland move rating and booking capabilities in Descartes OneView™ Forwarding Solution; and
- New Descartes Shipment Portal™ for freight forwarders and NVOCCs to extend shipment visibility to their customers.
Global Logistics Messaging Services:
- New support for multi-modal truck spot rating in the Descartes Carrier Portal™;
- Enhanced support of Cargo IQ for improved visibility to air shipment documents; and
- Improved support for commercial messaging flows for procure-to-pay processes.
For more information about Evolution 2018, visit www.descartes.com/usergroup.
About Descartes Systems Group
Descartes (Nasdaq:DSGX) (TSX:DSG) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; access global trade data; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world's largest, collaborative multimodal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com, and connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Global Media Contact
Tel: +1(800) 419-8495 ext. 202416
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This release contains forward-looking information within the meaning of applicable securities laws ("forward-looking statements") that relate to Descartes' solution offering and potential benefits derived therefrom, the number of records the Descartes Datamyne is growing by; and other matters. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from the anticipated results, performance or achievements or developments expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to, the factors and assumptions discussed in the section entitled, "Certain Factors That May Affect Future Results" in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Ontario Securities Commission and other securities commissions across Canada including Descartes' most recently filed management's discussion and analysis. If any such risks actually occur, they could materially adversely affect our business, financial condition or results of operations. In that case, the trading price of our common shares could decline, perhaps materially. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance upon any such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date made. Forward-looking statements are provided for the purposes of providing information about management's current expectations and plans relating to the future. Readers are cautioned that such information may not be appropriate for other purposes. We do not undertake or accept any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements to reflect any change in our expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based, except as required by law.