Unlocking the Value of Trade Data with Business Intelligence
Companies need to keep a close watch on markets trends to stay ahead of opportunities and to better compete. The Descartes Datamyne™ solution unlocks the value of trade data by delivering the latest available import and export information in an intuitive online format. The platform provides actionable intelligence for market research, sales insight, supply chain management, enhanced security and competitive strategy.
- The Descartes Datamyne™ solution is powered by the world’s largest searchable trade database, covering the global commerce of 230 markets across 5 continents
- 75%+ of the world’s import-export trade is covered by our data
- 500m+ shipment records are added to our database each year
- ~26,000 U.S. maritime import Bill of Lading (BOL) records are added each day 24-hours after receipt from U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP)
Our Global Trade Analysis Provides Insight Across Verticals
Transport & Logistics - With extensive international coverage and comprehensive shipping details, Descartes Datamyne for Transport and Logistics captures trade flows and supply/demand curves to enable a competitive edge. A leading choice of the world’s carriers, our solution is recognized for data quality, ease of use, and the personalized support. The Descartes Datamyne™ for Freight Forwarders solution is designed to help reveal high-opportunity markets and identify and pre-qualify prospective U.S. customers for logistics services.
Global Companies - The Descartes Datamyne for Global Companies solution delivers perspectives on international market activity for products and commodities to the HS level. Manufacturers in the chemical, food and beverage, electronics, minerals and metal refining sectors leverage our trade information to help manage procurement, purchasing, sales and marketing. Operations and supply chain managers can map traffic patterns, shipment volumes and distribution hubs to enable supply chain flexibility and nimble stocking.
Financial Services - The Descartes Datamyne for Financial Services solution provides market watchers and industry analysts with current indicators of supply and demand. Banks, insurers and financiers who offer loans, letters of credit and other trade finance products will discover the information they need to identify and prequalify prospects, find opportunities to upsell existing clients, match products to customer needs and develop lists of finance executives for focused marketing and sales.
Government & Public Sector - Federal, state and local agencies as well as Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) and public-private partnerships use the Descartes Datamyne for Government & Public Sectors solution to assess needs, plan and manage programs that implement policy, attract investments, support business formation and encourage economic activity. Gathered from customs records and enhanced with descriptive details, our trade data identifies buying and selling companies; detailed shipment contents, volumes and values; reveals trends and more. Statistics can be scaled up or down, from postal codes to state, regional or national levels.
Features & Potential Benefits
- Gauge supply and demand of products
- Find and prequalify suppliers
- Enhance logistics processes
- Discover new trading partners
- Uncover growing new markets
- Trace supply chain relationships
- Generate sales leads
- Customize views and results
- Drill down to the BOL level
- Review a visual chart-based interface