Transition to the eAWB for Added Compliance with Carrier Programs & For Better Air Cargo Tracking
With more and more carriers adopting the eAWB as the preferred process for shipping air freight and airlines charging for paper, the eAWB is the future for freight forwarders and a crucial next step to compete.
Why Descartes for the eAWB?
With over two decades of experience helping forwarders communicate electronically with air carriers, Descartes is the global leader in electronic air cargo (system-to-system) messaging. Our solution seamlessly connects to nearly every air carrier and can integrate with any back office system or serve as a stand-alone application.
In regard to the eAWB forwarders can quickly and easily enter data with Descartes, and can quickly on-board in a few simple steps. Our proven track record, expert technical support and industry experience has enabled Descartes to rapidly roll out the eAWB to forwarders worldwide. Using the Descartes eAWB solution, Logistics Service Providers (LSPs) can not only transmit digital airway bill details to carriers but can optionally use the information for better customer visibility and air cargo tracking.
With the Descartes eAWB solution, forwarders can:
- Save money with more speeded processes and less paper
- Easily create air waybills and reduce manual processes
- Receive real-time status updates enabling forwarders to improve customer service
- Increase data quality and better manage recordkeeping requirements
- Leverage data to comply with rapidly evolving cargo security regulations around the world