Brokerage and Declaration Services
Industry-Leading Global Declaration Software
Duties and taxes, associated with the importing of goods, are a critical element of the supply chain compliance responsibility. Brokerage activities and customs declarations involve the highest degree of transparency over the exact nature of the commodity entering the country, its value and where it was made. With this information in hand, and the requisite commercial and licensing documentation, the trading community can satisfy the entry process through a variety of scenarios such as: direct entry, in-bond, free trade zone, as well as, address the re-exporting of goods and recouping of duties paid.
Advanced Global Customs Filing Software
Descartes is unique in the market of broker solutions, by offering U.S., Canadian, and key European Union (EU) market brokerage and declaration services to fully manage the customs declaration processes, including:
- Completion of the entry process including the starting of entries based on commercial data integrated to our systems from our customers’ or their suppliers’ systems;
- Compliance validation on correct rating, trade agreement and post-entry processing;
- Maintaining detailed and full product masters including all necessary information for Other Government Agencies (OGA), Participating Government Agencies (PGA) and trade agreement use;
- Reporting and auditing at the highest levels of informed compliance; and
- A customs warehouse management solution to facilitate compliance with the rigorous requirements of a bonded warehouse.
Descartes’ Brokerage and Declaration Services capabilities include: