Given the inter-enterprise nature of logistics, quickly gaining access to trading partners is paramount. For this reason, Descartes has focused on growing a community that strategically attracts and retains relevant logistics parties. Descartes’ Global Logistics Community comprises over 220,000 connected parties collaborating in more than 160 countries, via the Descartes Global Logistics Network™ (Descartes GLN™). With Descartes, you can find a single place where your entire logistics network can exist regardless of the range of transportation modes you use or the variety of trading partners you in engage with your supply chain.
Descartes Community Services can assist you and your trading partners to quickly connect and collaborate in ways that help you to rapidly achieve results. These service offerings help to unite your ecosystem and orchestrate the multi-party business processes that are critical to your business.
- Descartes Highway Carrier Portal™ is a cost-effective and efficient solution that is designed to help shippers, Freight Payment Agencies (FPAs), and non-EDI carriers realize all the benefits of EDI capabilities without the complexity of in-house solutions. Descartes Highway Carrier Portal combines EDI capabilities with portal technology to address a number of key areas for carriers, brokers and freight payment agencies.
- Descartes Collaboration Gateway™ extends the power of Descartes GLN, enabling flexible access to standardized messaging that allows you and your partners to connect, collaborate and comply. Components of the Descartes Collaboration Gateway include:
- Gateway Conductor - Directing multi-party processes, including access rights, fixed and dynamic workflows and document sharing, among both registered and ad hoc partners
- Gateway Passport - Available to all registered users with pre-approved trading partner relationships to share documents based upon defined roles and access rights
- Gateway Portfolio - Online repository for documents, messages and images related to moving goods from origin to destination; enables the various stakeholders of the logistics execution cycle to group interactions and documents in one place
- Gateway Permit- New breakthrough smart token technology that expands the ability to connect and collaborate with all trading partners
- Descartes Global Freight Exchange™(Descartes GF-X™) is one of the largest electronic information and reservation systems in the airfreight industry. Air carriers can distribute real-time product, routing, capacity and rate information to their forwarders worldwide. Airfreight forwarders can access carrier information easily and make electronic bookings 24 hours a day 7 days a week, via a simple web browser (no software installation required). The types of bookings that can be made include IATA direct, back-to-back, spot and permanent/allotment bookings. Descartes GF-X is linked to a variety of tracking providers, enabling forwarders to track their shipments through a simple click. Descartes GF-X is integrated with major carrier systems worldwide as well as several in-house systems, making it easier for new carriers to join.
- Ocean Regulatory and Transportation Management Solutions: Descartes has combined an array of cloud-based solutions to address the specific industry needs of port communities. Descartes provides the following integrated solutions that are available to port communities and can be interoperable with existing Port Community Systems (PCSs).
- Ocean Shipment Lifecycle Management - Brings multiple parties and processes together from the contract to booking phase, to tracking and financial settlement lifecycle
- Transportation Management - Provides key features for managing the multimodal and multi-leg pre- and on-carriage transport between the seaport and inland parties
- Descartes Ocean Compliance™: Supports the management of customs security and the fiscal compliance processes that interact closely with the logistics flow processes and provides visibility to terminal operators