Dock Appointment Scheduling is a collaborative solution that enables shippers, carriers and consignees to schedule dock door appointments. It streamlines the dock appointment process by distributing the responsibility for scheduling warehouse deliveries or pickups to carriers and suppliers. By ensuring all supply chain partners are involved in the process and have visibility into requested, scheduled and rescheduled dock appointments, this solution optimizes receiving operations for inbound shipments and helps coordinate outbound pickups.
The solution offers:
- Online appointment scheduling for carriers and vendors to book dock appointments over the web, and monitor the status in real time;
- Ability for inbound coordinators to prioritize shipments, refuse carrier requests, or configure prioritization rules and constraints to automate the scheduling process;
- Automated recurring appointment scheduling with load/unload service time calculations taking into consideration trailer type, dock type, special equipment, and product handling unit types;
- Load leveling of the flow of goods to dock resources;
- Appointment audit trail and reporting;
- Milestone notification;
- Historical data analysis and compliance tracking;
- Improved visibility to the inbound supply by tying purchase order to inventory to shipment data; and
- Integration to transportation and warehouse management systems.
Descartes Yard Management is specifically designed to help operators more effectively manage the movement of trailers and the associated inventory. Real-time visibility into trailer content and locations within the yard enables organizations to quickly identify and access stock on hand, thereby reducing inventory requirements to save costs and improve efficiencies. With Descartes Yard Management, coordinators can plan and track trailer positions, arrivals and departures across distributed or centralized yards, as well as record trailer status, moves, inspections and security seal changes.
The solution also offers:
- Touch screen devices with graphical user interface that is optimized for use in-cab, while walking through the premises, or in the guard shack to identify and validate loads that arrive and leave the yard, or confirm the location of a trailer;
- The ability to assign parking and quickly locate trailers in the yard;
- Identify contents within a trailer as well as its age and condition;
- Automatically record all trailer movements; and
- Maintain a valid audit trail for loss prevention and security.