Capabilities to Achieve Higher Levels of Compliance & Effectively Submit Multimodal Customs Declarations
Descartes is unique in the market in that it offers Canadian, American, and key European solutions to fully manage the customs declaration and fiscal compliance processes, including:
- Entry process including the starting of entries based on commercial data integrated to our systems from our customers or their suppliers;
- Compliance validation on correct rating, trade agreement and post-entry processing;
- Maintaining detailed and full product masters including all necessary information for Other Government Agencies (OGA), Participating Government Agencies (PGA) and trade agreement use;
- Reporting and auditing at the highest levels of informed compliance; and
- A customs warehouse management solution to comply with the rigorous requirements of a bonded warehouse.
- United States - Automated Broker Interface (ABI) connectivity and Automated Export System (AES) filing
- Canada – Release Notification System (RNS)
- Europe – EU Customs clearance and country specific initiatives across many countries including Belgium (PLDA), UK (CHIEF & CDS), Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany and the Netherlands (AGS) to cover import, export, NCTS (New Computerized Transit System), EMCS (Excise Movement Control System), ECS (Export Control System), UCC (Union Customs Code) updates, and capabilities to keep pace with Brexit compliance changes
Alan Dewar, EVP, Client Services & Regulatory Affairs, GHY International
"With Descartes’ help, GHY makes cross-border trade part of our customers’ competitive advantage."