Telematics & Compliance
Fleet Telematics for Hours of Service Tracking, Managing Driver Behavior, GPS Fleet Tracking, Remote Diagnostics, Idle Monitoring and DOT Compliance
The Descartes Telematics & Compliance™ solutions help fleet operators implement solutions that save money. In addition to helping operations comply with Hours of Service (HOS) regulations in North America and drivers’ hours law and tachograph regulations in the European Union (EU), operators can take advantage of fleet tracking system capabilities to change driver behavior, improve productivity and better understand real-time vehicle performance. Descartes solutions include integrated route planning, enhanced planned vs. actual route performance with superior fleet monitoring and management of driver behavior (speeding, excessive idling, hard braking, etc.) and vehicle tracking (operating hours, maintenance, engine temperature, etc.).
Our next generation Electronic On-Board Recorder (EOBR) units continuously monitor performance of vehicles and drivers. Robust functionality for electronic driver logs and reporting on HOS compliance increases workforce productivity and reduces or eliminates excess paperwork and processing times. The Descartes offering is differentiated by state-of-the-art positioning data resulting from combining the latest GPS-satellite technology with dead-reckoning based on gyroscopes. This allows for constant position monitoring in urban canyons such as in New York City, Chicago, Tokyo and Hong Kong. Customers also benefit from the flexibility to choose from an extensive choice of connection options, based on their technology environment.
Descartes Telematics & Compliance components and fleet tracking capabilities include:
- Descartes SmartFleet™
- SmartCompliance™: A Software-as-a-Service compliance management solution for transport operators in the European Union.
- Descartes SmartAnalysis™, the leading solution used by thousands of road transport operators to manage and comply with legislation concerning tachograph data, drivers’ hours and the European Union Working Time Directive.
- Electronic On-Board Recorder (EOBR): A highly advanced telemetry, positioning and communication EOBR device with an ergonomically designed handset and user-friendly interface. It allows for further expansion and integration options, meets the requirements of the 395.16 Hours of Service (HOS) Rules for EOBR devices and has the following features:
- Embedded modem (GPRS, HSDPA, HSPA+)
- Real-time GPS fleet tracking capability
- External GPS antenna
- Covert installation -> minimize tampering
- Safety – measurement of hard cornering
- Positioning when out of satellite coverage
- 8 input/output ports for sensor input/output
- Back door
- Idle Kill
- Driver feedback
- Video recording control
- WiFi capable
- Hotspot for handheld integration
- Descartes FleetCenter™: a robust user portal with extensive capabilities that go beyond basic tracking and tracing. Descartes Fleet Center combines a cloud-based platform with secure data storage, mobile communication capabilities, digital maps, and a unique application set. It supplies a comprehensive, multi-role infrastructure for a modern enterprise with mobile assets and a mobile workforce including capabilities for:
- Detailed Expense Management: Fully automated import capabilities for transactions from various sources such as fuel and toll payment systems, credit/debit cards, or company accounting/ERP systems. Costs can be tracked by vehicle, driver, time period, etc. Comprehensive fuel consumption and maintenance fleet monitoring tools are easily integrated into legacy systems, allowing for decisions based on performance comparison reports.
- Remote Diagnostics: Utilize real-time transfer of data to provide accurate source of driver and vehicle information (speed, oil pressure, engine temperature, door sensors, etc.). Data can be archived and accessed later using the Descartes Fleet Center portal, enabling detailed fuel consumption, vehicle telemetry, and driver behavior analyses. Predictive maintenance capability utilizes the vehicle Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) to anticipate future vehicle malfunctions allowing technicians to take action before they occur.
- Idle Monitoring: Monitor and electronically control idle time to comply with company policies and city idling ordinances.
- Driver Scoring: Monitor and minimize aggressive driving with alerts and visual scorecards that can show acceleration, speeding violations, hard braking, or aggressive maneuvers.
- Hours of Service (HOS) Compliance: Collect data required to properly log and report on Hours-of-Service rules.
- Fuel Tax Data Collection: Accurately captures and reports the miles run in each state for filing fuel taxes.
- Navigation: Turn-by-turn gps navigation that includes commercial vehicle restrictions.
Continuous Route Optimization vs. Batch Routing
Download the infographic to learn how Continuous Route Optimization enables companies to offer same-day, next-day, and dynamic delivery appointments to improve service, reduce costs, and increase profits. (85 KB, PDF)
Real Customer Stories
U.S. distributor of food service equipment, Edward Don & Company, streamlines their delivery operations with Descartes’ cloud-based route planning and execution solutions, enhancing customer service and realizing substantial bottom line benefits.
US LBM, one of the largest and fastest growing lumber and building materials distributors in the United States, uses Descartes' automated routing and scheduling technology to power their innovative mobile construction delivery solution.