Email Subscriptions and Marketing
You can customize your preferences for receiving electronic communications from Descartes, including opting in or out of mailing lists, newsletters, and news feeds, by updating your communication preferences at https://www.descartes.com/emailpreferences.
You can also opt out of electronic messages by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of every such electronic message sent by us.
If you have opted into receiving text messages from us, you can opt out of further text messages by responding “STOP” to any text message received from us.
To opt out of any postal mailer or newsletter, please contact us.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Descartes does not sell your personal information to third parties. Despite that, under the CCPA, you are still entitled to request that we not sell your personal information to third parties. You can do so by completing the form located here.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The personal information of Individuals (“data subjects”) in the European Union or in the European Economic Area is protected by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR provides for the following rights:
- To be told whether any personal information belonging to the data subject is being processed by Descartes, and if such data is being processed a) the purpose of the processing; b) what type of information is being processed; c), who, if anyone, is that information being disclosed to; d) how long the information is expected to be processed for; e) the source of the personal information if it was not from the data subject themselves; f) where the data is being transferred to a country outside of the European Economic Area the country the data is being transferred to and the means by which the data is being protected; and g) whether the information is being processed by any automated decision making system.
- To be allowed to request a copy of their personal information in machine readable form, the first copy which will be provided free of charge and any subsequent copy provided at a reasonable cost as set by the Descartes.
- To be allowed to rectify or correct any inaccuracies in the personal information.
- To be able to restrict the further processing of the personal information, either for a specific purpose or in general and either temporarily or permanently.
- To have their personal information erased from Descartes’ records unless other valid legal reasons exist to justify continued processing of that personal information.
- That they have a right to lodge a complaint to their supervisory authority if they believe their personal information is being mishandled.
Contacting the Data Protection Officer
Michael Verhoeve, Data Privacy Officer
Mail: 120 Randall Drive, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2V 1C6
Email: [email protected]