A Leading Freight Forwarder Purchase Order Software for Greater Ocean Freight Order Flexibility
Descartes OneView Purchase Order Direct™ (Descartes OneView P.O. Direct™) dynamically reacts to changes in market demand by reallocating ocean freight orders on the water— essentially transforming an ocean vessel into a floating warehouse.
With Descartes OneView P.O. Direct, changes to purchase order quantities, SKUs and/or ready-dates are made online. As a result, Logistics Service Providers (LSPs) can better focus on key milestones and manage the entire process by exception.
This comprehensive freight forwarder purchase order software also includes advanced barcode and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) labeling technology to account for inventory and build shipments. With overseas labeling, shipments can be created as a full container load from the factory or as a delivery to a local warehouse or logistics service provider.
- Improve fulfillment decisions
- Simplify vendor, and forecasting inventory management
- Shave days off of total cycle time
- Hold less inventory
- Reduce landed costs
- Easily manage your supply chain by exception
- End reliance on third-party label vendors to increase allocation flexibility
- Complete web visibility to inventory and warehousing operations
- Improve profit margins and achieve an accelerated time-to-market
- Complete support for Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and Extensible Markup Language (XML) messaging
- Automatic distribution of e-mail notifications with customizable alerts and exception triggers
- Robust reporting tools that enable users to compare order quantity verses shipped quantity
- Optional document imaging serves as a central resource for purchase order, shipment and billing documentation
- Optionally integrate with other solutions including Descartes OneView™ Forwarder Enterprise solution, Descartes Distribution Center Bypass™ (Descartes DC Bypass™),
- Descartes OneView™ Warehouse Management System (Descartes OneView™ WMS), and more
- Add-on packaging optimization to optimize parcel placement within the over-pack
- Optimize workflow and event tracking with exceptions reporting
- Capability for kitted/assembled SKUs
- Project/sub-project management