WEST PALM BEACH, Fla., April 07, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Descartes Systems Group (Nasdaq:DSGX) (TSX:DSG), the global leader in uniting logistics-intensive businesses in commerce, announced a number of product innovations to the Descartes Logistics Technology Platform at Evolution 2016, the company's 11th annual Global User and Partner Conference taking place in West Palm Beach, Florida, April 5-7, 2016.
The Logistics Technology Platform combines the Descartes Global Logistics Network™ (Descartes GLN™), one of the world's most extensive logistics networks covering multiple transportation modes, with one of the industry's broadest arrays of modular, interoperable web and wireless logistics management solutions. Some of the key innovations announced at Descartes' Global User and Partner Conference this week in West Palm Beach include:
Routing Mobile and Telematics:
- An integrated telematics and proof-of-delivery solution supporting new third-party telematics hardware;
- A proof-of-delivery solution available on iOS; and
- Traffic-aware route optimization and cloud-based optimization capabilities.
- Advanced planning capabilities such as a continuous moves engine, multi-leg support for fleet and for-hire operations and capacitated lanes;
- International courier modules for Europe and Australia; and
- Enhanced purchase order validation for dock appointment scheduling.
Global Trade Content and Compliance:
- Denied party screening services for international ecommerce and ad hoc analysis;
- Landed cost calculation services for global trade automation; and
- Support for customs initiatives in the United States, Canada, The Netherlands, Argentina, Cuba and Paraguay.
Forwarder and Broker Enterprise Systems:
- Performance dashboards and mobile applications for U.S. forwarders and brokers;
- Integration of Descartes' brokerage systems with the U.S. Automated Commercial Environment and Canadian Single Window initiative;
- Integrated denied party screening; and
- Electronic air waybill integration.
Global Logistics Messaging Services:
- Supplier portal for purchase acknowledgement, shipment requests and electronic data interchange enablement; and
- Descartes Carrier Portal spot rate quote management.
For more information about Evolution 2016, visit www.descartes.com/usergroup.
Descartes (Nasdaq:DSGX) (TSX:DSG) is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, performance and security of logistics-intensive businesses. Customers use our modular, cloud-based solutions to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; access global trade data; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world's largest, collaborative multimodal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This release contains forward-looking information within the meaning of applicable securities laws ("forward-looking statements") that relate to Descartes' solution offering and potential benefits derived therefrom; and other matters. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from the anticipated results, performance or achievements or developments expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to, the factors and assumptions discussed in the section entitled, "Certain Factors That May Affect Future Results" in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Ontario Securities Commission and other securities commissions across Canada including Descartes most recently filed management's discussion and analysis. If any such risks actually occur, they could materially adversely affect our business, financial condition or results of operations. In that case, the trading price of our common shares could decline, perhaps materially. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance upon any such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date made. Forward-looking statements are provided for the purpose of providing information about management's current expectations and plans relating to the future. Readers are cautioned that such information may not be appropriate for other purposes. We do not undertake or accept any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements to reflect any change in our expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based, except as required by law.
Global Media Contact Mavi Silveira Tel: +1(800) 419-8495 ext. 202416 [email protected]