Forwarder Back Office
Streamline Documentation Processes for Booking and Shipper Letter of Instruction (SLI) / AWB with Carriers Moving Goods
Descartes offers an on-demand (SaaS) forwarder back office solution that is comprehensive and modular for managing the planning and execution of import and export shipments for all modes of domestic and international transportation. With Descartes, freight forwarders and other logistics intermediaries can realize the benefits of real-time information exchange throughout the entire freight operations process – from purchase order, bookings, security filing and customs entries all the way to warehousing and final delivery – through a single interface.
Freight Forwarding Software
This versatile platform for logistics control and performance enables collaboration between procurement, warehouses, vendors, carriers, transportation specialists, government and other stakeholders. Users can streamline documentation processes for booking and Shipper Letter of Instruction (SLI)/Air Way Bill (AWB) with carriers moving goods; integrate accounting processes for more accurate cost matching, rating and profit analysis; and file a variety of declaration and security requirements with customs authorities.
With Descartes, forwarders can expect to achieve:
- Purchase order management
- Multimodal shipment execution
- Production of all required shipment documents
- Role-based access to documents
- Portal access to documents for agents and customers
- Automated data entry and extraction
- Integration with standard accounting applications
- Standard and customized reporting capabilities