Declaration and Fiscal Compliance
Descartes' Customs Declaration Filing Software Supports ABI, AES Direct, RNS, AIS and EMCS Declarations
Duties and taxes associated with the importing of goods is a critical element of the supply chain compliance responsibility and cost. While responsibility and roles are shared between the purchasing company, supplier, broker and government - customs declarations involve the highest degree of transparency over the exact nature of the commodity entering the country, its value and where it was made. With this information in hand, in addition to the requisite commercial and licensing documentation, the trading community can meet the entry process requirements through a variety of methods such as: direct entry, in-bond, free trade zone, as well as, addressing the re-exporting of goods and recovery of duties paid.
Descartes is unique in the market in that it offers Canadian, American, and key European Union solutions to fully manage the customs declaration and fiscal compliance processes, including:
- Entry process including the starting of entries based on commercial data integrated to our systems from our customers or their suppliers;
- Compliance validation on correct rating, trade agreement and post-entry processing;
- Maintaining detailed and full product masters including all necessary information for Other Government Agencies (OGA), Participating Government Agencies (PGA) and trade agreement use;
- Reporting and auditing at the highest levels of informed compliance; and
- A customs warehouse management solution to comply with the rigorous requirements of a bonded warehouse.
- United States - Automated Broker Interface (ABI) and Automated Export System (AES)
- Canada – Release Notification System (RNS)
- Europe – Import, export, NCTS (New Computerized Transit System), EMCS (Excise Movement Control System), ECS (Export Control System) and country specific initiatives across many countries including Belgium, Great Britain, Norway, Sweden, Germany and the Netherlands
- Others – please inquire