Document Management Services
Document Management Software Helps Improve Operational Performance and Reduce Cost
The Descartes Global Logistics Network™ (Descartes GLN™) helps to streamline, automate and standardize the multi-party buy -> sell -> ship -> pay process. This process involves a broad range of business documents that often span the buyer and seller of goods, transportation providers, logistics intermediaries, customs authorities and other supply chain participants across different geographies and levels of IT sophistication. Manual paper-based processes, disparate or nonexistent connectivity methods, and unique business requirements, coupled with competitive and market pressures that demand increased supply chain agility, only add to the complexity of the multi-party buy -> sell -> ship -> pay process.
We can assist you in overcoming these challenges and to drive excellence in your eCommerce operations. Descartes Document Management Services offer robust capabilities to:
- Manage a broad array of industry and mode specific electronic documents, including advance shipping notices, booking requests and confirmations, cargo status updates, tracking requests, freight invoices, bills of lading, originating and derived purchase orders, and invoices;
- Support a broad range of protocols, data formats, file types, and electronic communication standards including ANSIX12, Cargo-XML, UN/EDIfact, Cargo-IMP, ebXML, NWDA, RosettaNet, etc;
- Provide enhanced value-added services including distribution services (e-mail, Internet, EDI-to-fax, fax-to-EDI, Carbon Copy), event/time driven delivery, message parsing, document conformance and translation/mapping, alert notifications and data integrity services;
- Track, trace and access real-time status of messages and business document exchange; and
- Leverage advanced eInvoicing and eArchiving capabilities.
Benefit from improved operational performance, reduced costs, and the ability to better satisfy customers with Descartes’ solutions for management of:
- Air Documents
- Ocean Documents
- Ground Documents
- Customs Documents
- Commercial Documents