CHICAGO, Illinois, October 12, 2023 -- Descartes Systems Group, the global leader in uniting logistics-intensive businesses in commerce, unveiled numerous innovations to customers at its 2023 Innovation Forum for Routing, Mobile & Telematics, which expand the capabilities of its routing, mobile and telematics solution suite for fleet operators. New solutions and integrations, in addition to enhancements to existing systems, allow companies to improve the operational performance of their fleets, driver safety and customer engagement.
- Descartes Fleet Control Tower. New comprehensive performance management solution integrated with existing Descartes route planning and execution solutions.
- Descartes Customer Engagement Platform. Digital self-service solution integrated with Descartes route planning and execution solutions to allow customers on demand access to view delivery updates, book, reschedule or cancel deliveries and to interact with delivery drivers or call centers.
- Proactive driver safety training for Descartes Mobile customers. Seamless integration of microlearning-based driver safety training and tracking platform with Descartes Mobile solution.
- Advanced optimization for couriers. Enhanced strategic and operational modelling capabilities and optimization for high delivery volume carriers.
- Hours of service (HOS) status aware optimization with Geotab electronic logging devices (ELD). Route planning integrated with Geotab ELDs to automatically consider drivers’ hours.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning performance improvement and simulation. Significantly more precise machine learning-based recommendations for stop and drive times and ability to simulate the recommended impact on daily operations.
- Advanced for-hire trip and leg optimization and rating. Improved capabilities for companies that want to manage fleet and commercial transportation through a single transportation management platform.
- Live and historical asset tracking. Ability for fleets to now track assets in their route planning solution, in addition to tracking drivers and deliveries.
- MagicLogic load and cube optimization integration. More accurate load building through the combination of Descartes route planning solution and Magic Logic.
“We’ve made significant investments to expand the breadth and depth of our existing solutions, brought new solutions to market and integrated important third-party solutions to allow our customers to significantly improve their fleet performance, make drivers safer and better engage customers in the delivery lifecycle,” said Sergio Torres, Senior Vice President, Product Management at Descartes. “These innovations are part of our vision to provide our customers with comprehensive solutions that allow fleet operators to use digitization and automation to transform not just fleet performance but positively impact their business more broadly.”
Descartes helps fleet-based companies dramatically improve their productivity, customer experience and safety compliance to not only reduce costs but also to allow them to better compete and minimize risk. From delivery appointment booking to route planning and execution and mobile solutions for drivers and other field workers to digital customer engagement, Descartes solutions give fleet operators the ability manage and optimize and interact with customers during the delivery lifecycle. Descartes fleet performance management, telematics and safety solutions allow fleet managers to understand and optimize their operational and individual driver and vehicle performance, and better train and coach drivers to be safer and more productive. The cloud-based solutions utilize state-of-the-art technologies, such as continuous optimization, real-time GPS data and systems processing, analytics, AI and machine learning, and can be deployed as a suite or as modules.
Visit Descartes’ routing, mobile and telematics solutions for more information.
Descartes is the global leader in providing on-demand, software-as-a-service solutions focused on improving the productivity, security and sustainability of logistics-intensive businesses. Customers use our modular, software-as-a-service solutions to route, track and help improve the safety, performance and compliance of delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; access global trade data; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes by participating in the world’s largest, collaborative multimodal logistics community. Our headquarters are in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada and we have offices and partners around the world. Learn more at www.descartes.com, and connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Global Media Contact
Tel: +1(800) 419-8495 ext. 202025
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This release contains forward-looking information within the meaning of applicable securities laws (“forward-looking statements”) that relate to Descartes’ routing, mobile and telematics solution offerings and potential benefits derived therefrom; and other matters. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, assumptions and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from the anticipated results, performance or achievements or developments expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors include, but are not limited to, the factors and assumptions discussed in the section entitled, “Certain Factors That May Affect Future Results” in documents filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, the Ontario Securities Commission and other securities commissions across Canada including Descartes’ most recently filed management’s discussion and analysis. If any such risks actually occur, they could materially adversely affect our business, financial condition or results of operations. In that case, the trading price of our common shares could decline, perhaps materially. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance upon any such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date made. Forward-looking statements are provided for the purposes of providing information about management’s current expectations and plans relating to the future. Readers are cautioned that such information may not be appropriate for other purposes. We do not undertake or accept any obligation or undertaking to release publicly any updates or revisions to any forward-looking statements to reflect any change in our expectations or any change in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statement is based, except as required by law.