Industry Program Support: CSA, C-TPAT, EU Green Lanes
Customs–Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT), Importer Self Assessment, Customs Self Assessment
As customs compliance requirements grow in terms of volume of filings and complexity, importers and exporters are seeking better ways to accelerate the movement of cargo across international borders. The trade and government authorities have developed a number of industry programs such as:
- U.S. C-TPAT (Customs – Trade Partnership Against Terrorism)
- U.S. ISA (Importer Self Assessment)
- Canadian CSA (Customs Self Assessment)
- Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Partners in Protection (PIP)
- EU Green Lanes
- And Others
Software for C-TPAT & Other Compliance Solutions
Descartes provides effective ways to manage and audit, assess and report on shipment data, classifications and other key compliance elements to help qualify for and maintain special trade status. Since there is a potential for heavy penalties and fines for any errors uncovered in information submitted to customs agencies, an integral part of compliance is having resources in place to effectively monitor trade-related activities, verify accuracy and identify commercial violation. Additional resources include:
- What is C-TPAT? - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and more about the joint U.S. government-business program.
- Descartes Customs & Regulatory Compliance - From Security Filings, Customs Entries and more, Descartes can help enable regulatory success.
- Descartes Broker & Forwarder Enterprise Systems - Learn more about our leading solution helps brokers and forwarders more efficiently run complex international operations.