Pool Distribution is the distribution of products, orders or shipments to numerous destination points within a particular geographic region. Characteristics include a high frequency of regular shipments in LTL quantities. Pool distribution represents a cost-effective way to ship as compared to the high cost of shipping primarily LTL.
Pool distribution orders are shipped to regional terminals in truckload quantities. There the pool is off loaded, segregated and sorted by consignee, then reloaded onto local delivery trucks for delivery to various pool destinations. Benefits Include:
- Lowering your overall transportation cost
- Reducing your inventory cost
- Improving time in transit
- Reducing the number of potential claims through reduced handling of freight
- Increasing customer satisfaction
- Maintains temperature integrity