Why DPS & Accurate HTS Content is Essential for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems
Data accessibility and connectivity are critical to a successful DPS and connectivity ERP solutions. While an ERP can help maximize productivity and standardize processes throughout global operations, the information contained within it can become ‘locked’ within complex relational databases. It is only by incorporating the two below criteria in tandem that businesses can reduce potential penalties:
- The ability to screen new data before it enters an ERP platform
- The ability to screen existing data within ERP systems
ERP systems can be costly to deploy. Businesses that have heavily invested in an ERP do not want to sink valuable existing IT resources into DPS. As a result, leading businesses are looking to expert content providers to help them seamlessly integrate DPS data into an ERP using a ‘turnkey’ architecture without over-tapping current IT personnel.
However, ERP systems and installations can vary greatly. From robust solutions such as SAP Global Trade Management (GTS) and Oracle Global Trade Management (GTM) to customized deployments and more, no two ERP installations are the same. In addition, the methods needed to integrate to an ERP can vary region-by-region.
Market leaders are seeking DPS solutions that are powered by an expert team of professionals who can map existing fields to even the most complex ERP installations and offer flexible options to connect to continuously updated DPS data. In addition, ERP systems often include options that range from financial services, global trade solutions to human resources.
For example, an ERP financial deployment might include:
- Payment transactions
- Business partner integration
- Vendor and account management
And a human resources installation could feature:
- Recruitment management
- Subcontractor coordination
An effective DPS system should include in-depth screening of the data behind multiple ERP modules. For example, it should include synchronous checks of subcontractors within an HR module, as well as screening of payment transactions. A missed screening opportunity could result not only in penalties but also in potential damage to a company’s public image or financial standing.
The Descartes MK DPS™ Solutions
The Descartes MK DPS™ solution provides organizations of all sizes with easy-to-use options that quickly and efficiently screen customers, suppliers and/or trading partners against a comprehensive database of international restricted and denied party lists, and offer comprehensive export compliance reviews. Customers can tailor screening processes to fit their unique risk parameters and flag potential compliance issues for prompt resolution.
- Descartes MK Denial.com™ – As a web-based offering, Descartes MK Denial.com delivers highly-sophisticated capabilities on-demand. Some of the largest businesses in the world use Descartes MK Denial.com to access one of the industry’s most comprehensive databases of consolidated denied and restricted parties.
- Descartes MK Content™ – Our content powers global trade by streaming data into leading business applications. Our expert team of IT professionals can work with businesses to map existing fields and databases to ensure that information seamlessly powers systems via a number of electronic methods and protocols.
- Descartes MK Bulk Screening™ – Customers are better able to expand and jumpstart new business with our advanced Descartes MK Bulk Screening. This solution can simultaneously screen thousands of customers or prospects against a selected range of denied and restricted parties.
- Descartes MK Dynamic Screening™ – In order to ensure the highest level of compliance, leading businesses are leveraging the Descartes MK Dynamic Screening solution to screen proactively. This solution is ideal for companies with repeated sales to the same set of clients and can be used as a standard process as businesses expand and add new clients.