Searchable Denied Party Screening (DPS) Database to Quickly Identify Entities on Restricted Party Lists
Governments and agencies throughout the world frequently publish and update lists of entities and countries to whom certain exports are prohibited or restricted. Exporters are responsible to ensure that business is not transacted with prohibited or restricted companies, countries or persons. Criminal and civil penalties; including fines, imprisonment and the denial of export privileges; can be imposed on exporters, their intermediaries or agents that export, re-export, forward or transport goods to sanctioned, restricted parties or countries.
However without a single source of information, effectively reviewing multiple agencies and country-specific government sources, as well as independent denied or restricted party lists, can be costly and time-consuming.
Comprehensive Global Denied Party List Database
Our comprehensive global database includes options to review all relevant denied or sanctioned party lists include the following and many others.
- United Nations (UN)
- European Union (EU) Sanctions Lists
- Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and multiple U.S. Government Lists maintained under the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC),
- International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL) Wanted person List
- Australian Consolidated
- Japanese Proliferation Concerns (METI)
Users can search multiple lists simultaneously using single or multiple fields to quickly locate the DPS-related information that best applies to an industry or type of export.
This solution is flexible and extensible to meet the needs of businesses as they grow. Companies can layer additional premium content as they expand into new locations, lines of business or verticals. Services such as Descartes MK Dynamic Screening™ can be included to screen records proactively when a new export item is added or following changes to a denied party list; and Descartes MK Bulk Screening™ to batch screen existing or potential customers against our comprehensive DPS database.
Benefits and Features of Descartes MKData Denied Party Screening (DPS) Database
- Access one of the most accurate and up-to-date Denied Party Screening lists available
- Leverage real-time list updates to increase accuracy and reduce export compliance risk
- Better demonstrate reasonable care and compliance with an audit trail functionality
- Tailor results based on a series of pre-defined parameters to more easily and efficiently locate information
- Reference International Organization for Standardization (ISO) country codes within a centralized application
- Review export-related regulations and Federal Register (FR) notifications
- Easily share results with other users in multiple formats including Microsoft® Excel and Comma Separated Value (CSV) files
- Upload customizable lists of concern that may not be published on government lists or portals
- Screen items in a batch of up to 25 entries to speed the review process
- Enable comprehensive reporting capabilities
- Quickly locate Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCNs) using classification functionality
- Determine license requirements from Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) language
- Add-on industry-specific screening options including the:
- Anti-Bribery & Corruption package
- Banking & Monetary Authorities package>
- Law Enforcement package
- Health & Human Services package including U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) information
- Incorporate further options as needed including:
- Weak Alias Screening to further refine results
- Federal Register updates that notify recipients of key changes to U.S. export regulations
- And more
- Improve export compliance with better management of Denied Party Screening
- Realize a more rapid time-to-benefit with a streamlined implementation process
- Utilize robust proprietary screening algorithms and techniques to boost search accuracy
- Increase productivity by helping staff to focus on true matches instead of false-positive results
- Reduce costs with a centralized DPS repository
- Lower the cost of ownership with plug and play capabilities
- End the need for a high Information Technology (IT) cost outlay with a SaaS-driven solution
- Decrease the potential of criminal and civil fines and penalties
- More easily scale into new industries or regions as a result of enhanced compliance
- Gain better visibility into previous DPS searches to jumpstart new work
Recommended For You
Interested in learning more about Descartes Denied Party Screening Solutions?