Routing and Scheduling Software (Formerly Roadshow Routing Software) that Optimizes Fleet Utilization while Reducing Costs And Fuel Consumption
Descartes Route Planner™ RS helps improve operational efficiency through better route planning. Leveraging market-proven algorithms and geographic network modeling capabilities, it can enhance the order fulfillment process while reducing costs with shorter routes, reduced fuel consumption and enhanced fleet utilization.
Descartes Route Planner RS is geared to organizations that need to quickly route large batches of order just in time to hand off to the warehouse; would like to run the software in-house and would like the option to add the Descartes Automatic Vehicle Locator™ (Descartes AVL™). Descartes Route Planner RS is a desktop route planning solution that supports a wide range of business environments and includes:
- Enabling users to achieve greater operational efficiencies by identifying and prioritizing the most profitable routes, orders, and customers.
- Improving truck utilization, time-window management for improved customer service, and drive time.
- Consideration of customer requirements, contracts, and prospective business in route plans and mobile resource assignments.
- Precise arrival estimates, routing assignments, and performance metrics.
- Determining best resources (truck and route) to use, and recommends an order sequence.
- Route optimization criteria including lowest cost or shortest routes, or shortest distance between stops.
Lift Off Distribution is the third largest Red Bull Energy Drink distributor in the U.S. and the exclusive off-premise distributor of Red Bull for Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC. To enhance its private fleet operations, Lift Off Distribution is using the Descartes Route Planner™ RS solution to achieve higher levels of customer service and greater operational efficiencies by optimizing distribution and sales territories, route plans and delivery frequency across a variety of customers and 7-Eleven stores throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
What Benefits Can I Expect from Descartes Routing and Scheduling Software?
Reduce operating costs by:
- Decreasing expediting costs and overtime charges
- Enhancing fleet capacity utilization
- Improving time-window management
- Minimizing distance traveled, stop duration, and fuel usage
- Reducing fleet size necessary to service orders
Enhance customer service and retention by:
- Facilitating arrival and departure times
Descartes Routing and Scheduling Software Features Include:
- Fixed or Dynamic Routing
- Constrained Optimization
- Flexible, Rapid Implementation
- Robust Yield Management
- Geographic Intelligence (option)