Descartes’ software solutions will ensure a smooth transition to the requirements for trading with the EU under Brexit post transition period.
We are ready to guide your company through the changes with our CDS-ready software solutions such as Customs Declarations, Safety & Security Filings, Customs Info, Denied (Sanctioned) Party Screening and the operation & compliance of External Temporary Storage Facilities (ETSF), with Inventory Software. All solutions for the UK are compliant with HMRC requirements for both CHIEF and CDS.
• CHIEF Exports ceases the end March 2023 and will be replaced by CDS.
• CHIEF Imports ceases the end September 2022 and will be replaced by CDS.
Watch the video for an overview of the Descartes eCustoms Software
CDS - FAQ
-Prepare for upcoming changes in submitting customs declarations
What do I need to do?
We have already processed nearly one Million CDS declarations covering imports (full, simplified, and supplementary declarations) and exports, especially where we continue to work with customers in Northern Ireland where CDS is already mandatory for GB – NI movements now.
• If you don’t have a badge - Purchase a CDS badge from a CSP and once registered pass the details to firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you don’t have a badge and you are operating non-inventory imports or exports only – You may register and use the HMRC gateway directly with a Digital Token, if you do not want to purchase a badge.
• If you do have a badge – Descartes will ensure your badges are configured to send to CDS via your CSP. However, you must inform your CSP with 5 days prior notification of your intended go live date and ensure you notify them you are using Descartes software otherwise the badge will not work for CDS
Will we be able to use e-Customs when it changes?
Yes, we were the first software vendor to go LIVE in 2018 with a selection of customer. That number has continued to grow every month.
Do I need to tell the CSP I am using CDS?
You need to inform the Community System Provider (CSP) badge operators e.g., CNS and MCP that your badge needs to be configured for CDS using the Descartes e-customs system. *Please contact them direct.
I upload my data to e-customs, does that have to be changed?
There will be a difference in your process as there are areas of the data set required for CDS that is different to that of CHIEF, which means differences in the User Interface and in the integration data. Please contact the Descartes service desk for further help and guidance stating “A request for CDS interface specs and Professional Services support ”
e-Customs & Inventory solutions
UK Customs Resources
Catch-up with the latest news and resources from Descartes: