Centralized Processes That Keep Up with Evolving Needs
Meggitt PLC is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment components and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense, and energy markets. With sixty businesses in sixteen different countries, and a large number of military and dual-use items in the company’s catalog, Meggitt needed to be absolutely certain that its products were being classified correctly, and they were not ending up in the hands of denied parties.
- Wanted a centralized global trade compliance solution
- Multiple use cases for compliance requirements
- Large number of military and dual-use items
- Footprint in many major international markets
Meggitt used a number of criteria to evaluate which compliance solutions to implement: the provider’s reputation, ease of use, depth and quality of the data provided and price.
Meggitt’s compliance processes have evolved over time. Initially, the company implemented Descartes’ online denied party screening (Descartes Visual Compliance™) and HTS classification solutions (Descartes CustomsInfo™ Reference). As needs evolved, Meggitt expanded its program to include bulk screening and daily re-screening, and also subscribed to automated HTS and denied party list data feeds for its SAP GTS environment.
- More than US$300,000 in labor cost savings
- Organization-wide roll-out with easy-to-use solutions
- Integrated solutions reduced burden and improved compliance
- Centralized compliance activities helped the entire organization stay on the same page