Freight Rate Management Software enables companies to centralize disparate rate management systems and optimize their global rate management processes
Descartes Rate Builder™ is an on-demand solution designed to effectively manage a global rate network and help enable logistics services providers to create and manage both buy-side and sell-side rates digitally; enforce a standardized global pricing policy; implement a global rate request process; and have increased confidence when making time-critical business decisions. Descartes Rate Builder also gives logistics services providers the ability to centralize disparate rate management systems into a single, global system that can optimize global rate management processes and effectively leverage rate information to improve productivity, profitability and customer service.
This advanced rate management solution is part of Descartes Global Logistics Network™ (Descartes GLN™), which enables the world’s leading transportation providers to connect to their trading partners and reliably exchange information to drive delivery performance and high levels of customer satisfaction.
Descartes Rate Builder helps to:
- Establish a single, global rating system
- Secure sensitive rate information via role-based access control
- Establish a business process for generating global freight rates
- Enforce a minimum margin required for acceptable cargo
- Rate bills of lading more accurately
- Provide faster, more accurate quoting
- Analyze buy-side rate information with reports that monitor trends, customers or commodities
- Collect disparate sources of contract information into a single place for more effective management
- Enable regulatory compliance
- Generate reports such as closed business, lost business, rate request response time and quotes that were above the established minimum margin
- Integrate rate information for corporate initiatives such as yield management, auto-rating and auditing
Benefits of Descartes' Freight Rate Management Software
Buy and Sell Rate Management
Global Pricing Policy EnforcementEnables companies to enforce policies for acceptable freight margins on cargo, including completely configuring policies and margins to match corporate initiatives. Sets margins based on trade lanes, carrier tiers, customer commitment and more, all with the goal of achieving maximum profitability. Supports the addition of margin during the rate quote process as sales opportunities arise.
Global Rate Request ProcessAllows companies to implement a standard process, which can lead to a more efficient flow of information both internally and externally to customers. Manages rate requests that fall below an established global pricing policy or for new rates. Moves the request between the requestor and pricing or sales management for approval. Lets the requestor create a quote for the approved request and then keeps track of the quote. Manages the workflow process for global rates and provides enhanced visibility into global operations and the rate making process.
Standard Rate Quote FormatStandardizes the rate quote format while enabling local template configurations (local language, surcharges, etc.).
Related Blogs - Freight Rate Management
Non-Vessel Operating (“NVO”) Ocean Freight Contracts, Surcharges & Simplified Price Management
Anyone who has had to look at a quote or contract from an ocean carrier immediately knows one thing about ocean transportation costs; they're complicated. Years ago I remember seeing some of our publishing team leafing through stacks of paper that constituted an ocean contract.
Imagine taking the lane information, provided by a shipper, and importing it into a spreadsheet or quickly adding lanes using a convenient web form. Do you want the lowest cost rate? How about the fastest transit time? Or, do you want to compare everything?