The members of the Board of Directors (the “Board”) have the duty to supervise the management of the business and affairs of The Descartes Systems Group Inc. (the “Company”). The Board, directly and through its committees, the Chair of the Board and the Lead Director, as applicable, shall provide direction to senior management, generally through the Chief Executive Officer, to pursue the best interests of the Company. In fulfilling its mandate, the Board of Directors, among other matters, is responsible for:
• Reviewing, at the beginning of each fiscal year, the business plan and financial goals of the Company as well as longer term strategic plans prepared and elaborated by Management and, throughout the year, monitoring the achievement of the objectives set;
• Ensuring that it is properly informed, on a timely basis, of all important issues and developments involving the Company and its business environment;
• Ensuring the implementation of appropriate systems or plans to manage the important issues and developments involving the Company;
• Overseeing the Company’s strategic direction; and
• Appointing senior Management and monitoring key executive performance and business results.
Read the full Mandate of the Board of Directors here.
If you wish to contact our Board of Directors directly, you can do so via email at BoardOfDirectors@descartes.com