Messaging Solution Enabling Global EDI Trading Partner Connectivity
In today’s global economy, quickly implemented, cost-effective logistics strategies are becoming more and more important. Trading communities need to easily connect and exchange information to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and delivery performance.
Making connectivity easy is the goal of Descartes Messaging Services™. From system-to-system connectivity, web-based processing, to communication between partners, carriers, suppliers and more, Descartes supports connections via Extensible Markup Language (XML), Electronic Data Interchange (EDI), turnaround documents/e-forms and other translation services.
As part of the Descartes Global Logistics Network™ (Descartes GLN™), our messaging solutions can help to:
- Reduce the IT complexity of connecting to trading partners
- Improve supply chain data quality and completeness
- Increase the value of information moving through your enterprise
- Connect trading partners through repeatable and re-usable connections
Product offerings include:
- Basic Services - Connections to other public and private Value-Added Networks (VANs), a web-based operations and message tracking center, initialization and start up, proactive error detection and resolution, basic trading partner implementation and more.
- Logistics Data Management – Management of electronic documents, including Advanced Shipping Notices (ASNs), booking requests and confirmations, cargo status updates, tracking requests, freight invoices, bills of lading, originating and derived purchase orders and invoices. Support for standards such as ANSIX12, XML, UN/EDIfact, CargoXML, CargoIMP, ebXML, NWDA, RosettaNet, flat and CSV files.
- Enhanced Value-added Services - Including distribution services (e-mail, internet, EDI-to-fax, fax-to-EDI), event/time driven delivery, message parsing, document conformance and translation/mapping, alert notifications and data integrity services.
- Trading Partner Implementation Services - Helps companies move away from manual testing/setup requirements and focus on their core business requirements by allowing Descartes to provide on-boarding and activation services for trading partners