An Electronic Freight Booking and Cargo Tracking Software for Small and Medium-Sized Freight Forwarders
Descartes CargoAssist™ is an electronic forwarding system that helps freight forwarders improve freight booking processes, send electronic waybills and ensure that consignments are handled quickly and efficiently. Descartes gives forwarders access to an electronic infrastructure that connects them with their customers and logistics partners.
Web-based tracking facilitates global monitoring via the air waybill number, airline code or ocean container number. The result is better control and freight management as shipments move around the globe.
With the Descartes CargoAssist solution in place, freight forwarders can:
- Provide Advanced Shipment Notifications (ASNs) to air and ocean carriers
- Access consistent, immediate information to help fulfill customer status requests
- Gain direct online communication with airlines and ocean carriers
- Enhance record-keeping related to customer shipment information
- Minimize time spent on the telephone managing shipments
This advanced cargo management solution also offers robust capabilities to:
- Transmit booking messages electronically to airlines
- Produce freight documents including bills of lading (BOLs), shippers letter of instruction (SLI), air waybills (AWBs), house waybills (HWB) and more
- Issue electronic documents and flight manifests to carriers and/or tracking systems
- Comply with government requirements to electronically submit shipment information to the Automated Manifest Systems (AMS) in various countries
- Monitor consignments using AWB number, airline code or the container number for ocean freight
Descartes CargoAssist leverages the power of the Descartes Global Logistics Network™ (Descartes GLN™), which connects thousands of shippers with 90+ air, 30+ ocean, and 1,400+ truck carriers and provides the connectivity necessary to gain visibility into air and ocean cargo logistics activities.