Descartes Route Planner™ On-demand vehicle routing and scheduling software
US Supply Company was established April 1, 1950 in Bristol, PA. At its foundation, the company sold quality products to local contractors and plumbers, which were typically not stocked at other plumbing and contractor businesses. In addition to providing quality products, they delivered their products to job sites, which went a long way to help establish good relations and trust among their customers. The business continued to grow in the 50’s and early 60’s, and in 1965, US Supply Company opened a second location in the Phoenixville area. Over the years, US Supply Company has grown from a single store into an organization which operates 12 branches including a central headquarters located in West Conshohocken, PA.
With the growth of the company, carrying a large number of products in inventory, including hard-to-find items, the need for centralization, and the growing cost to serve – US Supply was compelled to search for a solution to increase service reliability and manage the complexity of a growing business.
US Supply selected Descartes Route Planner™ On-demand vehicle routing and scheduling software to help with the centralization of their delivery operations, to manage and organize inventory replenishment and delivery needs; ultimately eliminating inefficiencies, reducing costs and increasing customer service.
With Descartes Route Planner On-demand in place, US Supply was able to:
- Reduce the number of drivers from 19 to 9
- Eliminate excess equipment cost
- Enable next day deliveries at a designated hour with route optimization
- Minimize upfront investment with an on-demand Software as as Service (SaaS) solution
- Establish trust and confidence with the availability of on-time performance reports
- Develop a competitive value proposition by meeting commitments and availability of inventory
- Potential to reduce overall miles driven given future enhancements