Advanced ABI Filing Software, International Freight Forwarding Software
Freight forwarders are constantly challenged to effectively manage their operations and costs with unpredictable cargo volumes. In a market where fluctuations are the norm, the key to realizing profitability and efficiency in managing the shipment process lies with solutions that are transactional and collaborative in nature. Global access by trading partners to create, update and track shipment transactions is critical to forwarders competing to provide superior services to their customers. Web-based, software-as-a-service (SaaS) models offer a cost-effective and affordable way for organizations of any size to share and integrate information with internal and external stakeholders. With a SaaS model, forwarders can easily scale their resources to meet changing needs, without the upfront capital costs of an installed solution.
Descartes Global Freight™ is the most comprehensive, modular, on-demand (SaaS) freight operations platform for managing the planning and execution of import and export shipments for all modes of domestic and international transportation. With Descartes Global Freight, freight forwarders, importer/ exporter traffic departments, carriers and 3PLs can realize all the benefits of real-time information exchange throughout the entire freight operations process – from purchase order, bookings, security filing and customs entries all the way to warehousing and final delivery – through a single interface.
This versatile import export software platform enables collaboration between procurement, warehouses, vendors, carriers, transportation specialists, government and other stakeholders. Users can utilize Descartes Global Freight to streamline documentation processes for booking and Shippers Letter of Instruction/Air Waybill (SLI/AWB) with carriers moving goods; integrate accounting processes for more accurate cost matching, rating and profit analysis; and file to U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) through the automated filing of Automated Brokerage Interface (ABI) entries.
- Improve end-to-end visibility of the import/export logistics and compliance process
- Handle more shipments with less overhead
- Provide real-time transit information to customers
- Increase information integrity and accuracy
- Eliminate duplication and errors
- Meet regulatory requirements
- Enable collaboration between regional offices and supply chain stakeholders
- Connect with trading partners in real time
- Lower the cost of integration with agent, carrier and warehouse applications
- Facilitate the coordination of customs compliance requirements
- Streamline invoicing and payment processes
- Dramatically reduce upfront investment costs and risk
- Automated data entry and extraction
- Secure integration capabilities with external systems, including:
- Purchase Order Management
- Supply Chain Inventory
- Rating Management and Accounting Control
- Event and Workflow Management
- Trade Documentation
- Customs Management (ABI, AMS, ACI, AES, B13)
- Track and Trace and Reporting
- Carrier connectivity and data integrity conformance through the Descartes Global Logistics Network™ (Descartes GLN™) for all modes of transportation
- Track and trace
- Maintaining carrier tariffs and sell rates tables by station, client and trade lane
- Customer-facing extranet for users and partners
- Reporting analytics through Descartes Reporting Services™
Interested in learning more about Descartes Transportation & Logistics Solutions?