Background Optimization Transforms Route Planning by Applying Robotic Process Automation to the Planning Process
Background optimization allows companies to take their best planning practices and automate them with bots. The background optimization bots can manipulate data, invoke optimization, and interact with other systems without human intervention.
The benefits of background optimization are:
- Consistently superior plans across all planners
- Plan continuously to produce better results
- Plans are “ready to go”, reducing planning review time
- Allows planners to focus on higher value tasks
- Streamlines the planning process to be more agile and responsive
- Deploy multiple bots simultaneously to scale for large or highly complex problems
- Communicate with execution systems for better coordination and control
- Reduces the number of planners required
- Foster centralized planning
Model Complex Planning Processes
Invoke Multiple Optimization Approaches
Schedule Background Optimization Timing
Dynamically Scale Bots
Fleet Resource Center
Expand Your Routing, Mobile & Telematics Knowledge
Background Optimization FAQ
What is background optimization in route planning?
Background optimization is a form of robotic process automation that allows route planners the ability to take multi-step optimization processes and automate them to run without human intervention.
What are the benefits of background optimization?
Background optimization allows best practices for route planning to be automated to improve the quality of every planner, reduce the number of planners required and accelerate the planning process.